How to Access Face-to-Face Services
If online tutoring isn't your thing, we offer live Math Connection tutoring hours every Sunday afternoon from 2:00 to 5:00 pm on the third floor of Zimmerman Library on UNM's Main Campus. You don't need an appointment to use these services, simply show up and we'll help you out! Our drop-in lab is a casual, social learning environment. You are welcome to bring your friends, a snack, and your homework. Many students who use CAPS never even end up talking with a tutor. But if you do get stuck, we'll have someone who can get you back on track right away.
How to get to our Drop-In Lab
New to campus? It is easy to get to our drop in lab! Simply drive to the Yale Parking Structure, located in the Southeast Corner of the intersection at Lomas and Yale (directions from I-25 are listed below). Visitor parking is available on the first two floors of the Yale Parking Structure at a low hourly rate of $1.00 per half hour. Click here for more information about using the Yale Parking Structure.
Driving to the Yale Parking Structure (When Exiting I-25)
1. Take Exit 225 towards Lomas Boulevard
2. Head East on Lomas
3. Turn Right on Yale
4. Parking Structure will be to your Left
Walking from the Yale Parking Structure to Zimmerman Library
1. To get to Zimmerman Library from the Yale Parking Structure, walk south (opposite direction from Lomas Blvd) and take the stairs or elevator to the third level.
2. From there, walk on the bridge to Las Lomas.
3. Continue walking due south and cross at the crosswalk on Las Lomas.
4. Once across the street, take a slight right and then an immediate left so that you are again walking south between Parish Memorial Library and University House. Zimmerman Library will be the large building straight ahead.
5. Take the stairs or elevator inside Zimmerman Library to the third level and look for the CAPS Front Desk at the top of the stairs. A Student Resource Representative will sign you in and introduce you to a tutor.